Riding Slinky Dog Dash or Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance just got a little bit easier for select Disney World guests! Hollywood Studios will offer Extended Evening Hours on December 15th and December 22, 2022!
Extended Evening Hours is a perk only available to guests of Disney Deluxe Hotels or Villas which allows them to enjoy one park for an additional two hours after official park close on select nights. This gives park goers a chance to experience attractions with lower crowds and shorter waits. So far, Magic Kingdom and Epcot have been the only parks to consistently offer this benefit, but it seems Disney is testing it out at Hollywood Studios this December.
Remember that only guests of Disney Deluxe Hotels or Disney Deluxe Villas are eligible for Extended Evening Hours. Additionally, not all attractions may be open during this time.
Resorts Eligible for Extended Evening Hours
Disney Deluxe Hotels:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Beach Club Resort
- Boardwalk Resort
- Contemporary Resort
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Polynesian Village Resort
- Wilderness Lodge
- Yacht Club Resort
Disney Deluxe Villas:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Animal Kingdom Villas-Jambo House
- Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani Village
- Beach Club Villas
- Boardwalk Villas
- Old Key West Resort
- Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Other Select Hotels:
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney Swan Reserve
- Shades of Green on Walt Disney World
Attractions Open During Extended Evening Hours at Hollywood Studios\
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millenium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Sinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours-The Adventure Continues
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Extended Evening Hours at Other Parks
Both Magic Kingdom and Epcot will have Extended Evening Hours this holiday season as well. Check out the schedule below!
- Dec. 7, 14, 21, 28
- Dec. 5, 12, 19, 26
- Dec. 15, 22
Having access to Extended Evening Hours is another great reason to stay at a Deluxe Hotel or at a Deluxe Villa at Disney World! However, if you are staying at a Moderate or a Value resort on Disney World property, remember that you can take advantage of Early Entry at every park, every day of the week. All guests of Disney resorts are able to enter the theme parks 30 minutes ahead of non-resort guests, giving them a head start on experiencing all the magic Disney World has to offer!
Amy lives in the suburbs of Chicago and stays busy with 4 young children and planning as much travel as school and activities schedules allow! She loves to experience new places with her family, but her favorite place is Walt Disney World. She also loves helping others plan vacations with as little stress as possible so that they can just focus on the fun!