Coming this fall to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort is Disney Genie! This complimentary new digital service designed to create your best Disney day. This will allow planning to be easier, more flexibility and better tools to help make the most of your visit. Disney made significant investments in this cool new technology, which guides you through the theme parks with tips that can help you reduce time in lines. As a result, it will help discover magic around every corner and take the guesswork out of “what’s next.”
Disney Genie is built right into the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps. It will maximize park time, that will allow more fun. It includes a personalized itinerary feature that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day. From specific attractions, food experiences and entertainment. Also, interests like Disney princesses, villains, Pixar, Star Wars, thrill rides and more.
Here are a few more features of Disney Genie:
- Get Itinerary Updates from Morning to Night: Disney Genie will continue to update your tinerary throughout the day. As a result, you can be more spontaneous and go with the flow.
- Find Your Favorites at a Glance: Create your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorites. It will display current and forecasted future wait times. As a result, it will help predict quicker entry to attractions.
- Enjoy More Flexibility and Fun: Disney Genie brings existing planning features together in one place. Join a virtual queue at certain attractions, make dining and experience reservations. Also, make mobile order food at many locations and get help from a virtual assistant and more.
Key Things To Know!
- Disney Genie+ service (available for purchase): $15 per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort. $20 per ticket per day at Disneyland Resort. Choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance.
- You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day. Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. This option is the next evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie+ will include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories. Augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World Resort and unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads from visiting Disneyland Resort.
- Individual attraction selections (available for purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance. For example: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park. Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure park. Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park.
Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of park visit and can be used across multiple theme parks. Attractions will still offer the standby queue, or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to maximize flexibility.
While the FASTPASS, FastPass+ and Disney MaxPass services will be retired, this will allow flexibility and choices Disney Genie service provides.
Enhancements are being made to the Disability Access Service (DAS) program. New options to enroll in the program pre-arrival. DAS participants can also select attractions directly in the app. As a result, these options will be available in addition to our existing, in-person DAS program.
Susanne Hays – Owner/Founder of Fairytale Journeys Travel.